Saturday, March 15, 2008

Standing


All Matthew wants to do these days is stand up. He stands up holding on to his toy box. He stands up holding on to his activity table. He stands up holding on the couch. And now, he stands up on his own in the crib! And unfortunatley, he does this when he's really supposed to be going to sleep. He just started this past week and he's done it a few times now. The first time was at bedtime. We put him down in his crib and, not two minutes later, heard very loud screaming. Usually we let him cry it out a bit but it sounded like something was seriously wrong, so I poked my head in the door to see him standing up and reaching out for me. He continued this new trick all week, mostly during nap time. We tried all sorts of things, like keeping him up past nap time so he would be super tired (which just made him over tired), putting him in the sleep sack (which he learned to stand in after one day), and putting him closer to the one side he rolls towards (which seems to be working at this point). The cutest was last Wednesday - he stood crying for a bit, and when I heard him quiet down, I peeked in to seem him asleep, sitting up, holding onto the crib slats, face planted in the crib bumper. I wanted to take a picture but I also wanted to move him so he didn't suffocate! Hopefully he'll be good for daddy tonight and go right to sleep!!





No comments: