Sorry I haven't written all week, it's been a bit busy. Sunday night at work I broke a wine glass and got a small but deep cut on my arm. Thankfully it was the end of the night and everyone had gone home already. We closed it up at work with a butterfly bandage and it didn't seem big enough for stitches so I did not bother going to the ER. Well, when I woke up Monday, things just didn't feel right so I made an appt with my primary care doc. She sent me over to radiology in the hospital to make sure there wasn't glass stuck in the cut. Unfortunately the xray did show glass in my arm so they sent me over to the ER. Thankfully we didn't wait too long there, because they did not want to take it out. They paged a hand surgeon, who said he'd see me in the morning the next day. So Tuesday morning I saw the hang surgeon for a consult and Wednesday morning he performed surgery to remove the glass. It was just outpatient surgery and very quick. My arm is bandaged from my hand to my elbow and it throbs a bit but it's more annoying than anything else. So all in all, I guess it could have been worse.
And on top of all of this, I have been trying to pack the three of us for Mexico. We leave Saturday and our house is a big mess of suitcases and bags, things already packed and things waiting to be packed. I am hoping to finish today since we have to be in the car on the way to the airport at 5:45 am tomorrow morning!
Here's a picture of Matt sledding with Daddy. He wasn't too sure if it was fun or not but he tolerated it. His favorite part was watching the other little kids come down the hill. I think posting this picture is a fitting way to say bye bye to this cold weather and hello to sunny skies and beautiful beaches and warm sand and crystal clear pools and....are you jealous yet?!?!?!?!
No comments:
Post a Comment