Thursday, January 10, 2008

Happy 2008!


We hope 2008 brings great things for all of you! It certainly couldn't bring us anything more special than Matthew but we are definitely looking forward to watching Matthew grow this year. Hard to believe he'll be 18 months old next New Years Eve! Between now and then we'll get to see crawling, walking, talking, and so much more!

My new year's resolution is to get Matthew to fall asleep on his own. In other words, we want to put him into his crib awake instead of rocking him to sleep first. I have to say so far (well, it's January 10th so it's been 10 days) I have done pretty good sticking to it. I've only caved in twice; one night after he had been screaming for 20 minutes at bedtime I rocked him and one afternoon after he had screamed for two 30 minute sessions I caved and took him for a ride in the car. But more importantly, Matthew is doing fabulous. Besides those two bumps in the road, he's falling asleep pretty quickly and even sleeping for longer than normal. Yesterday, he napped 9 to 10:50 and again from 2:20 to 3:30. That makes mommy very happy! And it makes baby happy too, since he's so well rested! Probably now that I've put all this in writing, he'll be back to his old habits. We'll see...

No comments: